Just like all medical procedures, a Home Sleep Study can only be performed with an order submitted by a physician. Your physician will conduct an evaluation to look for signs and symptoms of sleep apnea. This may consist of the physician asking you questions about snoring or if you’re overly tired during the day. If your physician has determined that you should be tested further for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, National Sleep Services (NSS) makes the process simple.
Click here to learn more about our custom process
- Complete a patient profile and questionnaire on our website.
- If you have an order from a physician for a home sleep study, you can send it to us via fax or email. If you do not already have an order, NSS will contact your physician to obtain an order.
- With the order, NSS will schedule the Home Sleep Study through an independent home medical equipment provider who will help with getting you started with your sleep test.
- You will take the equipment home to perform the test in the comfort of your own home.
- Following your test, you will return the home sleep testing equipment to the home medical equipment provider. The homecare company will download your study so the study can be interpreted as quickly as possible.
- Your physician will be contacted with the results of your test.
- If a CPAP is suggested, your doctor will issue a prescription and the homecare company will get you set-up with the auto-titrating CPAP.
National Sleep Services (NSS) works together with physicians to provide diagnosis for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. The goal of NSS is to provide cost effective diagnosis for patients that do not have complicated medical histories and prefer the convenience and comfort of a home sleep study as opposed to an in-lab study. Customized tools and workflows make the process simple for both the physician and the patient.
Click here to learn what to expect from National Sleep Services
- We use the Itamar WatchPat diagnostic unit for most home sleep studies. Considered a leader in home sleep diagnostics, the WatchPat is very easy to use and also provides the chain of custody feature for payers or employers that require verification of the patient’s participation in the study.
- Secure transfer of patient data.
- Sleep studies will be scored and interpreted by a board certified sleep physician.
- Quick turnaround. Once National Sleep Services receives the sleep study order, the home study can be performed and results sent back to the prescribing physician within one week.
- Nationwide coverage. Regardless of where you're located in the country, National Sleep Services can get your patient set up and tested for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.