How To Care For Your Equipment
Caring for Your Equipment
To get the best comfort and performance from your equipment, it’s important to clean it
regularly. Some items, such as masks, should be cleaned every day. Other items can be
cleaned once a week or once a month.
Unless you’re given other instructions, hand wash all items with warm, soapy water. Use
soap that’s free of lotions or perfumes. Never place your mask in the dishwasher. It may
be safe to put your humidifier chamber in the dishwasher—check your device manual to be
sure. Follow the instructions in the chart below for cleaning each piece of equipment.
When and how to clean your equipment
- Mask/Nasal Pillows
- • Remove the mask from the headgear. Hand wash with warm, soapy water. Rinse and let air dry.
• To extend the life of your mask, avoid using soaps with moisturizers or perfumes.
• Never clean with alcohol - it can harm your mask.
- • Hand wash with warm, soapy water. Rinse and let air dry.
- • Wash with warm, soapy water. Rinse the tubing and let air dry.
• Some people like to hang tubing in the shower to dry.
- • Unplug the device while cleaning to avoid electric shock.
• Wipe the exterior with warm, soapy water.
- • Empty the humidifier chamber and let it air dry.
• Before using, fill with distilled water. Using distilled water instead of tap water helps avoid mineral deposit buildup.
- • Clean the humidifier chamber with a mixture of one part vinegar to three parts water.
• Rinse thoroughly with distilled or sterile water before using again.
- • Clean the gray/black foam filter with warm, soapy water.
• Rinse, let air dry, and place back in the device.
• If the filter is damaged or torn, replace it.
- • If your device has a white filter, replace it up to two times per month.